[igraph] Memory issues with igraph-python get_subisomorphisms_vf2

From: Iva Pritisanac
Subject: [igraph] Memory issues with igraph-python get_subisomorphisms_vf2
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:14:04 +0000

Dear All,

I have memory problem when using igraph-python method get_subisomorphisms_vf2 on Windows 64bit system.

I am using igraph-python in the context of a graph-subgraph isomorphism applications for graph-subgraph with ~40 vertices.
When attempting to obtain a nested list of all subisomorphisms, physical memory of my system gets exhausted very quickly (~within 10min).

Given that the memory requirement of the vf2 algorithm is O(N), I should not have this problem. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sincerely,

Iva