[igraph] Fwd: Large network plots in igraph

From: seema aswani
Subject: [igraph] Fwd: Large network plots in igraph
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 18:41:33 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: seema aswani <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Subject: Large network plots in igraph
To: Help for igraph users <address@hidden>, Gábor Csárdi <address@hidden>

Hi all,
I am using igraph package for analyzing Protien protien interaction networks. The problem is i my dataset is having 10,000 nodes and 30,000 interactions. the options available in igraph::plotting are not suitable with my plot. The code which i tried is as below. The problem with my plot is the nodes and edges are mixed up with each other so the visualization is no clear and which nodes are connected with other nodes is not clear.

rm(list=ls())
options(max.print = 1000000000)
library(igraph)
library(network)
read_data <- read.csv("data.csv", header = T)
read_data
df <- data.frame(read_data$dat.X.node1 , read_data$dat.node2)

levels_of_element <- levels(unlist(df[,1:2]))
levels_of_element

num_of_connection <- matrix(match(as.character(unlist(df[,1:2])), levels_of_element),ncol=2)
num_of_connection

graph_object <- graph.data.frame(df, directed = FALSE)
graph_object

net <- network(num_of_connection, directed=FALSE)
set.seed(1)
par(mar=rep(0,4))
plot(net)

and my data.csv file is
dat.X.node1,dat.node2 trpD,trpB serB,sdaA pabA,trpA pabB,trpA pabA,pabB serB,glyA serB,trpB trpC,trpA ilvA,trpA serB,ilvA trpE,trpB pabB,trpC sdaA,trpB pabA,trpD trpE,trpD pabA,trpC sdaA,trpA serB,trpA pabA,trpE ilvA,glyA pabB,trpD trpD,trpC ilvA,trpB glyA,trpA glyA,trpB pabA,trpB trpE,trpA glyA,sdaA trpD,trpA

Here i just gave the example of which i am trying in my case. Kindly
help me out.