Re: [igraph] possible to add mouseover effects to a plot?

From: Scott Hale
Subject: Re: [igraph] possible to add mouseover effects to a plot?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 17:51:38 +0100

I would like to add mouseover effects to a plotted network but can't
find a way of doing this.
I created a relatively large graph (<1400 vertices) and would like a
small window to pop up whenever  hovering with the cursor over a vertex
or click on it (containing some additional information).
Do you know any possibility to realize this with igraph and the pycairo lib?

Thanks for your effort,
Nico B.

Another possibility beyond visNetwork is to export the graph from igraph and open it with Gephi (http://www.gephi.org/). Within Gephi there is an add-on called sigma.js exporter that will create an interactive HTML5/CSS visualization of the network.

Disclosure: I wrote the add-on although not the underlying sigma.js library. I've hope to provide a direct path from igraph / R to these interactive visualizations in the future (the data format is very simple json).

Best wishes,
Scott