Re: [igraph] why use floating point for graph nodes?

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] why use floating point for graph nodes?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 09:17:53 +0000

I haven't measured anything. It uses half the memory, which is already
a good thing.

Btw. the reason for the double is that in the old times this was a
standardized type, and long wasn't, and I didn't know how to use a
portable integer type that is big enough and compatible with R's
integer type, so that you don't need to copy between C and R.

Gabor