Re: [igraph] Less clumsy ways to use the python-igraph API

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Less clumsy ways to use the python-igraph API
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:36:51 +0100

> Are the vertex and edge orders guaranteed by the API? Will vertices and
> edges always be in the order they were created?
Yes, they will - but of course if you remove some vertices or edges,
other vertices/edges with higher indices will "shift" to close the gap
in the index sequence (but they still stay in the same order).

> Thanks. I'll file a few feature requests for api improvements.
I have started dealing with these; in particular, the development
version now has an incident() method for vertex objects.