Re: [igraph] what does the knn() function do with weighted graphs?

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] what does the knn() function do with weighted graphs?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 20:53:13 +0200

OK, after looking at the source code I see what is being calculated:

Instead of dividing the sum of neighbour strengths by the number of
neighbours, it is divided by the strength of the current node.

Thus we get (3+5)/4 = 2, (4+5)/3 = 3 and (4+3)/5 = 1.4.

That's fine, but I think that this is not at all clear from either the
documentation (C or R) or the name of the function.  This quantity
isn't really an average.  Perhaps the documentation should be
improved.