Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] LinuxTag demo and stuff

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] LinuxTag demo and stuff
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:21:46 +0300

> Whats the
> status of modulators Markus? That would be real cool for a demo.

The modulators 'should' work. I have tested the default modulators
(vel-to-filter, vel-to-attenuation, pan, reverb send, volume 7,
expression 11), they behave as expected.

> Changing loop points in real time would also be neat. I hope to get
> Swami to the point of being complete enough for making a sound font
> while also being stable, alpha testers anyone?
Hmmm, I have disabled anything that modulates loop start / end (in order
to avoid SEGV when a start / end point exceeds the length of the
sample), but some proper range checking should get this straight.

I wonder if I should come down to the Linux Tag as well... My old
'Rhodes 73' electric piano is still stored in Germany, it would make a
nice exhibit. We could plug it into the same amp with Iiwusynth and the
mk_1_rhodes.sf2 sound font for comparison (this should hopefully lead
everybody to the conclusion that iiwusynth sounds better, since the
piano needs some service :-)

Cheers

Markus