fortieth refined

From: Dora Lowry
Subject: fortieth refined
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 19:01:28 +0300

But now that we can read, what prevents us fromjudging the results? I said anxiously, noticing somethingabout her figure. You know I was shocked, said another, for at least ten minutes.
We began idly turning over the pages of our old minute books.
Ive done my best, she sighed,to prevent my little girl from learning to read, but whats the use?
From the contagion of theworlds slow stain,
Was it the sound of the secondviolin tuning in the ante-room?
Of course we cried out that Shakespeare wrote books, and Milton andShelley. That is the very point we are met to consider, she said.
She replied haughtily that she could notwait.
What could bemore charming than a boy before he has begun to cultivate his intellect?
But from the evidence she brought we voted that it is unfair tosuppose that the Judges are men. Quite respectable girlslay stretched on the grass. I was thinking rather of myAunts cactuses.
Only, she sighed, itdoesnt seem to help us much.
But it was character, shethought; something inborn in the race; what Indians respected.
I was sitting by Castalia and Inoticed her uneasiness.
Arnold Bennett is a goodnovelist, and finally whether I believe in God.
Of course we cried out that Shakespeare wrote books, and Milton andShelley.
The mothers of Westminsterwith mottled breasts gave suck to their young.
To ride; to dance; she had adored allthat.
I was sitting by Castalia and Inoticed her uneasiness. For Gods sake,man, dont mention your mothers name! And itsintellect, she continued, thats at the bottom of it. Those on the turf are the shadows of our souls. IN THE ORCHARDMiranda slept in the orchard, lying in a long chair beneath theapple tree.
We shall never come to any conclusion at all at this rate, she said. She stiffened a little, waiting for burthens van to pass.
Ive done my best, she sighed,to prevent my little girl from learning to read, but whats the use? We cannot provide even for the childrenthat we have.