kaleidoscope

From: Ethel Garza
Subject: kaleidoscope
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:26:06 +0700

The hearts of the pindah lickoyee are bad.
Hespoke often upon this subject, asking many questions.
They havesent a runner to Victorio also, and he is coming.
Usen gave it to us and he gave the white-eyes other lands. Perhaps, replied the runner, an Apache scout in theservice of the government. Perhaps eachwondered at the change that had come over their relations. Just behind them two other old warriors smotees-a-da-deds. In old Hermosillo tears would come to the soft eyes of asenorita.
The coyote attacks the woundedand devours the dead.
The senior officer turned to a Mexican standing near him.
What do the chiefs of the white soldiers want of Geronimoand Victorio? While some cut loose those that were down,others rounded up those that were loose. Thepotent mescal and tizwin was passed freely among them.
The Yuma slave woman cooked tortillas by a fire of her ownmaking.
I should not think thatGeronimo, who is so much braver than Shoz-Dijiji, would findpleasure in it. About the guardhouse wereother armed soldiers. Even the birds and the beasts are safe here, for no creaturemay be killed upon its sacred shore.
The Yuma slave woman cooked tortillas by a fire of her ownmaking. Three children came to us in the twelve years that followedand we were happy.
In nearby tepees the braves who were to start the dance putthe last touches to their toilets. It is the country that Usen gave tothe Apaches when he created them. Eight other grim figures arose from scattered beds of sand. There was peace between us and the tribesthat were our neighbors. Another mule was killed andcooked and presents were given to each member of the tribe.