info-gama

[Info-gama] GaMa XML Input

From: Jim Sutherland
Subject: [Info-gama] GaMa XML Input
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:35:49 -0800

Hi Ales:

Thank you for adding me to your mailing list.  I am most impressed with your work on the GaMa project.  Here is a link to a project that I am partly involved in.  We are re-engineering our legal survey plans registry model to accept digital plan submissions.  Land XML has been chosen as the standard survey data observation information exchange format.  You may find it interesting to look at the quick overview of the project to date.  We are finalizing phase 3 of defining the detailed business and systems architecture.
http://srmwww.gov.bc.ca/dspp/Docs/AGM2004.ppt

As a personal home project I have done some research on using elevated aerial panorama's (up to 25 feet above ground level) for deriving directions like a low accuracy theodolite.  Several images are mapped together to create an equirectangular map projection.  As the image is conformal, I am able to point to image targets (usually not more than 60 metres away) to obtain directions from the image.  I just tape distances to obtain scale.  I did some internet research and found your wonderful GaMa program, created a 2D network and adjusted the small local network.  I am amazed at your excellent documentation.  I created the GaMa input file in a spreadsheet and ran the adjustment the first time and discovered I had a couple of syntax errors.  I re-ran the adjustment and was very pleased with your program results and output file.  An excellent program.  The adjustment shows internal angular precision of about eight minutes sexigesimal units.  The derived directions were then compared to survey accurate measurements which confirmed about an eight minute average accuracy for the derived directions.

Regards,
Jim Sutherland