info-gne

Re: [Info-gne]Translators

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Info-gne]Translators
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:16:26 +0100

To everyone who has so far responded to my
request for translators:

Thank you very much for your replies. To those
of you who would like to translate the web site
itself, please visit it at the adress at the bottom of this
email. and nd have a read. Then please translate any
pages you want into whichever language you feel most
comfortable with, and then email the translation
with the page you are translating and the language
you are translating in to at the top of the email. Send
the translation to this mailing list (address@hidden).

Be aware that at the moment because GNE is still in
development you are likely to come across several
bugs and problems - if you encounter any then please
send an email to me or this list or the bug-gne list so I
can try and fix it. Also do not try to translate the text
shown in cgi scripts (a list follows) as I will publish a
list of all of the text the cgi scripts can throw out later
on.

To those of you who would like to go on to moderate
and perhaps translate articles submitted to GNE - you
will have to wait because we're really not ready to
accept any articles yet - we're still developing GNE
at Sourceforge. When we are ready to start accepting
articles and so will need moderators & article translators
I will be posting a message to this mailing list again so
you will know when you can start if you still wish it to be
so.

CGI Scripts:
pool.cgi - Moderators Pool
add.cgi - Processes the Add Article form
edit.cgi - Edit User Info
search.cgi - Proceses the Search form
join.cgi - Processes the Sign Up form
mailto.cgi - Processes the Talk To GNE form
there are other cgi scripts but I *think* they are
all hidden to end users, such as the moderation
script itself which can only be reached if you are a moderator.

Thanks again,

Tom Chance