info-gnu-chess

Problem with GNUChess [as white] and Gothmog [as black]

From: n o s p a m p l e a s e
Subject: Problem with GNUChess [as white] and Gothmog [as black]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:13:47 +0200

I failed to run the above match on winboard. The debug report is
appended below.

GNUChess and Gothmog runs with other programs as white or black without
any problem. When it comes to GNUChess [version 5.07] as white and
Gothmag as black, it lands up into the problem.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Any suggestions!

--
nsp

recognized 'normal' (-1) as variant normal
WinBoard 4.2.7 + GNUChess
Reset(1, 0) from gameMode 0
recognized 'normal' (-1) as variant normal
GameEnds(0, (null), 2)
StartChildProcess (dir="Engines\GNUChess") GNUChess xboard
791 >first : xboard
protover 2
1131 <first : feature setboard=1 analyze=1 ping=1 draw=0 sigint=0
variants="normal" myname="GNU Chess 5.07" done=1
1131 >first : accepted setboard
1131 >first : accepted analyze
1131 >first : accepted ping
1131 >first : accepted draw
1131 >first : accepted sigint
1131 >first : accepted variants
1131 >first : accepted myname
1131 >first : accepted done
1141 >first : new
random
1141 >first : level 0 2 3
1141 >first : post
1141 >first : hard
1141 >first : easy
1141 >first : ping 1
1141 >first : force
StartChildProcess (dir="Engines\Gothmog") Gothmog
1722 >second: xboard
protover 2
Fatal Error: Error writing to second chess program:
The pipe is being closed.

GameEnds(0, (null), 2)
1742 >first : quit
1742 >second: quit