info-gnu-chess

Re: (no subject)

From: Anders Carlsson
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: 27 Jul 2004 07:55:50 +0200

"Arturus Magi" <sailorleo@hotpop.com> writes:

> A Cygwin port of GNU Chess and a Cygwin/X port of XBoard are
> part of the cygwin-ports Sourceforge project.

In January this year, I seem (without remembering it myself ;-)
to have succeeded compiling GNU Chess in the MinGW environment
too. It was not awfully simple, but this is what I did:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-chess/2004-01/msg00020.html

Someone else seems to have done what I did, and packaged it nicely:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/chess.htm

I don't know if Rich needs something better than this. It may
be a little kludgy, including both readline and pthreads, but
you don't know how many "hidden" components are included in
most native Windows applications neither - in particular not
the 3rd party or homebrewn ones.

--
Anders Carlsson