info-gnu

zile-2.4.0alpha1 released [alpha]

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: zile-2.4.0alpha1 released [alpha]
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 01:44:39 +0000

I am excited to announce the first public release of GNU Zile in Lua!
Based on work going back to 2007, I've been working for the past two
years on translating Zile from C into Lua. I'm using the released
version daily, but as indicated by the alpha tag, I don't recommend
anyone else do so; consider this release a technology preview. I do
welcome feedback; for GNU hackers interested in the programming
techniques behind this release, I've posted a note to
gnu-prog-discuss.

Here are the compressed sources:
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/zile/zile-2.4.0alpha1.tar.gz   (232KB)

Here are the GPG detached signatures[*]:
  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/zile/zile-2.4.0alpha1.tar.gz.sig

To reduce load on the main server, use a mirror listed at:
  http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

[*] You can use either of the above signature files to verify that
the corresponding file (without the .sig suffix) is intact.  First,
be sure to download both the .sig file and the corresponding tarball.
Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify zile-2.4.0alpha1.tar.gz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 80EE4A00

and rerun the `gpg --verify' command.

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
  Autoconf 2.67
  Automake 1.11.1
  Gnulib v0.0-5005-gd9c24e9

NEWS

* Noteworthy changes in release 2.4.0alpha1 (2011-03-25) [alpha]

** Major changes

  This release is completely rewritten in Lua. No doubt it introduces
  lots of bugs, but it is intended to be functionally identical to the
  C version.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org