info-gnuprologjava

[Info-gnuprologjava] Prolog works in GNU Prolog but not in GPJ

From: Daniel Warzecha
Subject: [Info-gnuprologjava] Prolog works in GNU Prolog but not in GPJ
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:24:46 +0200

Hello again,

I'm trying to run a prolog program from Java with GPJ.

The program is works correct in GNU Prolog. GPJ creates the files, but
only fills the first file correctly. Is there something wrong with the
program or is there a glitch in GPJ?

I've attached the program for you. There are two variants: One for GNU
Prolog (ext_...) and one for GPJ.
You start the program by invoking "start". It gathers some information
and builds ifKnow(ProcessNr,WhenKnows,ThenKnows)-Facts.
It also stores status(ProcessNr,Item,Status) facts.
Then it should export those to a file. It only does it for the first
file. The others are nearly empty. They shouldn't really be empty.

The differences between the two:
1. GPJ uses is_list, GNU Prolog uses list.
2. GPJ is used in a different directory and uses a path for the files.
GNU Prolog doesn't.
3. GPJ doesn't know memberchk, so the program for GPJ has its own
implementation of it. That's probably causing it (?)

How could you implement memberchk anyway?

That is one of the last things I have to do for my thesis, I would be
very grateful if you could help me. I don't see what's causing this.

Goodbye,
Daniel W.