Re: stored mail differs from the sent

From: Thomas Persson
Subject: Re: stored mail differs from the sent
Date: 21 Apr 2004 20:46:02 +0200

Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:

> Thomas Persson <thomas@spacecentre.se> writes:
>
> > To clarify things I've sent a mail containing Swedish characters to
> > myself. I opened both up with C-u g.
> >
> > The archived message with the headers I believe are relevant looks
> > like this:
>
> Note that the archived message is most likely exactly what you
> actually sent.  This header reveals why the mail you receive is
> different:

> e303.vildanden.afb.lu.se id i3LFu1BL012842
>
> I.e. the receiving MTA converted it, so the stored mail isn't
> different from what you sent.
>
> Does the signature work when you preview it with `C-c RET P' in the
> message buffer?
>
> --
> Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>

Yes it looks that way from the headers but it's the archived message
that is corrupt. The message I send, which is the one which the
receiving MTA would convert, is the one that verifies correctly.
That's what I'm so puzzled about. The archived message is
corrupt and the mail which I actually send verifies correctly. That
tells me the archiving procedure is screwing up the messages.