Deleting mail by region

From: Clay Haapala
Subject: Deleting mail by region
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:47:15 -0500

I use an nnimap backend to read my mail under XEmacs 2.5.17.  In
ngnus-0.1 and, I believe, in 5.10.6, deleting mail by region
(highlight region, B del) has stopped working.  The correct number of
highlighted articles is given in the "Are you sure you want to delete"
prompt.

Is there a variable to be tweaked for this?

On failure, these messages are displayed -

Recent minibuffer messages (most recent first):

Invalid operation: There is no region now
region active

Deleting articles by count works as expected, though I do notice that
every delete now runs an "Expire" sequence, which is kind of slow.
--
Clay Haapala (chaapala@cisco.com) Cisco Systems SRBU +1 763-398-1056
   6450 Wedgwood Rd, Suite 130 Maple Grove MN 55311 PGP: C89240AD