Re: total-expire *and* explicit expire with different expiry-wait

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: total-expire *and* explicit expire with different expiry-wait
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 19:13:39 GMT

>> I'd like to set up my mailing-list folders as follows:
>> - articles that I mark as expirable should be destroyed after 10 days.
>> - articles older than 6 months should also be destroyed.
> There is no pre-defined functionality in Gnus for doing this.

Hmm... any recommendation of how to best approximate the desired behavior?
I was thinking that I could just turn off total-expire and set expiry-wait
at 10days and then have an explicit "purge" command that would temporarily
set expiry-wait at 180, turn on total-expire and cause expiration (and do
that on a bunch of different groups).

I'm not fluent in Gnu internals, so if someone can give me a rough idea of
what functions I'll need to use, I'd be very grateful.

        Stefan