Re: trivial-cite attribution problem

From: Svend Tollak Munkejord
Subject: Re: trivial-cite attribution problem
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 09:16:25 +0200

Le 2004-09-03, Sebastien Kirche
<sebastien.kirche.no@spam.free.fr.invalid> écrivit :

> Problem : it seems that a single word is not recognized by tc as a
> real name, thus when i reply to a message which author is "aname
> <an@address>", tc inserts the address and not the name.  Is that a
> tc bug, or do i missed something in tc's attribution elisp ?

I have a *vague* memory that I had the same problem, and got the
following piece of advice.

(setq mail-extr-ignore-single-names nil)

Does it help?

> Subsidiary question : i have seen that one can have different
> attribution functions by means of tc-groups-functions.
>
> As i have also set tc for quoting mails with (add-hook
> 'mail-citation-hook 'trivial-cite), is it possible to have a
> different function for mail ?

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. Might something
along the lines of

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(("mail\\.foo"
         (eval
          (setq tc-make-attribution
                'your-favourite-attribution-function)))))

be useful for you?

Regards,
--
Svend Tollak Munkejord