Re: bogofilter behavior

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: bogofilter behavior
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 12:11:17 -0500

Sorry to butt in here but Reiner seems to be an experienced bogofilter
user.  I could use a little more coacing if you want to reply off
line.  Or here if it seems suitable.

I'm not even using bogo in gnus so really off topic... BUT:

$ bogofilter --version
bogofilter version 0.92.2.cvs

I run it from procmail, and just a really simple setup.  Anything
ending up in bogo_spam that is not spam, I've written a really simple
bash function to run it thru again from the command line.
(wrapped for mail)
  bogos () \
  { cd /home/reader/Mail/bogo_spam;bogofilter -vvv -Sn <"$1";cd-; }

Where $1 is taken from the status line in gnus that shows the
file name.

This seems to not really do anything.  Certain kinds of messages have
shown up in bogospam repeatedly.  An example might be the autoresponse
things that gmane sends out.

I've run at least a 2 dozen and more back thru bogo but still they land
in bogo_spam.  Seems like bogofilter is not learning anything from the
reruns.