Re: Gnus w/ w3m stoped working

From: David Hanak
Subject: Re: Gnus w/ w3m stoped working
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:02:38 -0500

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004, Sarir Khamsi wrote:

>> I use w3m with cygwin, and there is no need for any special
>> consideration, it builds and installs smoothly.  Once w3m.exe is in
>> your path, Emacs-w3m will find it and use it.
>
> I've built it before (on Cygwin) without problems but version 0.5 did
> not build, complaining about not finding "t-ja.gmo."

That's odd, I have version 0.5.1, and all I do is ./configure && make
to compile.  I just tried it, and it works.  I get a few warnings from
configure:

configure: WARNING: GdkPixbuf is not installed.  Install GdkPixbuf (version >=
0.16.0)
configure: WARNING: Imlib is not installed.  Install Imlib (version >= 1.9.8)
configure: WARNING: Imlib2 is not installed.  Install Imlib2 (version >= 1.0.5)
configure: WARNING: unable to build w3mimgdisplay with X11 support
checking for pkg-config... no
*** The pkg-config script could not be found. Make sure it is
*** in your path, or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable
*** to the full path to pkg-config.
*** Or see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig to get pkg-config.

But these don't stop w3m from compiling and working.  Is it possible
that you have one of these installed, and that's what causing the
problem?  I'm just guessing...

--
David Hanak - Research Engineer
Institute for Software Integrated Systems  |  http://www.isis.vanderbilt.edu