Re: mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: mime: View Internally with catdoc, Externally with OpenOffice
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:16:41 +0200

    Reiner> On Wed, Oct 06 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:
    >> I would like to display word attachments, either *internally*
    >> using catdoc, antiword or wvText or anything like this, however
    >> if this conversion fails, I would like to use via *View
    >> externally* Openoffice.
    >>
    >> As I understand gnus scans the .mailcap file, but I don't know
    >> how to set this up in order to achieve what I want.

    Reiner> Put something like...

    Reiner> application/msword; catdoc -s 8859-1 -d 8859-1 %s;
    Reiner> copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.doc

    Reiner> ... or ...

    Reiner> application/msword; antiword %s; copiousoutput;
    Reiner> nametemplate=%s.doc

    Reiner> ... in `~/.mailcap'.  (You may use `M-:
OK this works Using for mouse-2, thanks a lot:

However it seems that gnus does not
distinguish between view internally and externally, in the mailcap file
there is also only *ONE* entry concerning msword doc. How can I have
an internal and a (different) external viewer

Or is the only way to display it interactively then.

Uwe