Re: [Q]: Long lines, wrapping ...

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: [Q]: Long lines, wrapping ...
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:39:23 +0200

On Thu, Oct 21 2004, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> Ok, I see. So the piece of advise you give is just: do NOT do
> this processing automatically on *ALL* messages but press
> sometimes 'W Q' or 'W w' when needed. Right ?

Yes.  Though it makes sense to set it to t in some groups, e.g. in
`gnus-parameters':

   ("cnn\\.breakingnews\\|smsbox" ;
    (gnus-treat-fill-long-lines t))

> If so, all I have to do is simply:
> (setq gnus-treat-fill-long-lines nil
>       gnus-treat-fill-article nil)

Both already default to nil.

> Right ? And also I should get rid of my `gnus-article-mode-hook'
> (which for info was adding a set-fill-column).

I didn't understand it in the first place unless you default
fill-column is different to what you want in article buffers.  Or for
format=flowed, but there `fill-flowed-display-column' is better, I
think.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,