Displaying Windows-1251 character set

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Displaying Windows-1251 character set
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:04:54 +0100

Occasionally I get e-mails containing these headers:

The contents appear as

\315\356\342\345\351\370\350\345

etc.  Sometimes I get e-mails with

and these appear as a lot of gibberish accented characters.

Most of these e-mails appear to be spam, so I'm not too bothered.

But how do I go about displaying these sensibly?  I'm running Fedora
Core 2 Linux, on a console set to UTF-8.

David

--

David Sumbler

Please reply with a followup to the newsgroup.

However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".