Re: Advice what to use for html rendering (rss).

From: Bruno Hertz
Subject: Re: Advice what to use for html rendering (rss).
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:30:04 +0200

Sébastien Kirche <sebastien.kirche.no@spam.free.fr.invalid> writes:

> Le 11 avr 2005, Bruno Hertz a dit :
>
>> Looking around for alternatives like w3, I found it's not very clear
>> whether that package is still maintained, by whom, and where best to
>> download it.
>>
>> I'd hence highly appreciate any input on what package you found to
>> work best (e.g. with Emacs CVS), and where to obtain a current
>> version.
>
> You should  take a look to emacs-w3m  (http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/) that is
> (imo) a good alternative to w3 and is currently developed.

Great! Just installed it, and it comes out very nice. Especially the
rendered pages look really good, and are displayed without hiding the
summary buffer.

Very pleasing especially compared to w3 CVS, which I tried right
before this one, and which gave me errors I couldn't fix, presumably
related to bad compilation. Anyways, w3m goes smooth enough ...

Many thanks, Bruno.