wrong number of articles in INBOX

From: Thomas Malt
Subject: wrong number of articles in INBOX
Date: 14 Apr 2005 14:44:21 +0200

I'm using nnimap for mail, and recently I moved most of the mail in my
INBOX into my old-mail archive. I did this manually by creating a new
Maildir-folder, moving the messages with mv.

- There used to be 3000+ mails in my inbox.
- Now there are 8.
- Gnus tells me there are 703 mails in the inbox when I try to list read
  messages.

Does anyone have an idea why gnus reports a wrong number? Displaying
the article-list is still slow, but there _are_ only 8 articles.

Is there a file I can edit/delete to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Thomas
--
  «You can call me "The Mango Kid", but your girl calls me Baby!
              And I've been a rock prodigy since the age of 20!»