Re: Any chance of getting gnus to handle mime attachments?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Any chance of getting gnus to handle mime attachments?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 17:26:16 -0400

> To: ed@unidata.ucar.edu
> Subject: 20050608: netCDF under cygwin
> Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 06:58:07 -0600
> From: Unidata Support <support@unidata.ucar.edu>

It's not clear from the above header what software was used to generate this
email message.  Why don't you ask the sender what software he used and tell
him his software has a bug that makes his forwarded email appear
like garbage.

The kind of brokenness above is not that common, so it's unlikely that you
need to tell *all* the people who send you support email to reform
their mailer.  Or maybe you can just tell them to avoid "forward" and use
some other means.

This said, I do find Gnus's MIME support could be improved w.r.t handling
bad MIME.  E.g. being able to display just the header (and/or the raw
undecoded data) of a particular part of a multipart message; or being able
to tell Gnus to "try and guess"; ...

        Stefan