Re: gnus charsets

From: The Chief Instigator
Subject: Re: gnus charsets
Date: 14 Jun 2005 09:56:57 -0500

Mads Jensen <spam@raptus.dk> writes:

>Hi NG

>I've been looking in the manual, but I can't find out which setting I
>need to alter in order to change the character set, which all my
>email/messages are encoded with. Right now, it appears that the default
>character set in emacs is latin-1.

It depends on your ISP's installation - but to switch to a different character
set:

C-x RET t, and then enter the character set at the prompt.  (Mine defaults to
ASCII, but I use that to switch to IS0-8859-1...which is what your default
is.)

--
  Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (patrick@io.com)  Houston, Texas
  chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (soon to be TCI's 2005-06 Houston Aeros)