Problems with nneething

From: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Problems with nneething
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:27:21 +0200

Hey ho.

nneething rocks.  I use wget to fetch comics each day and put them in
a directory that I read with nneething.  But every so often, things go
bad.  I think it has to do with the fact that I use caching and then
later delete some messages.  I'm not sure what's wrong.

Anyway, when things go bad, I see the following error messages.

Fetching headers for nneething+~/comics/db:Doonesbury...don
Suppressing duplicates...
Suppressing duplicates...done
Making sparse threads...
Making sparse threads...done
Wrong type argument: arrayp, ([445 "(none)" "(nobody)" "" "fake+none+3" nil -1
-1 nil nil])

I'd be happy to just kill the group and start over, but I *still* get
those errors.  Even after removing the cache directory, hand-editing
.newsrc.eld to remove every reference of the group and removing the
.nneething file for the group.  What the heck am I missing?  How do I
return it to a usable state?

Thanks much.
--
Jesse F. Hughes

"History will hate you and love me.  I'm the misunderstood and
persecuted genius.  You're the assholes." -- James Harris