Re: Killed my mail group and am not sure how to get it back.

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Killed my mail group and am not sure how to get it back.
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:28:50 -0400

Galen Boyer <galenboyer@hotpop.com> writes:

> Inadvertently C-k'd my main mail group, nnml:mail.misc.

>From the group buffer, I'd try 'j nnml:mail.misc u' (jump to
nnml:mail.misc in the group buffer, then (un)subscribe to it).
Alternately, you could use ^ to go to the server buffer, press RET on
your nnml: server, and subscribe to mail.misc from there.

> I didn't know where it went, so I kill emacs with Ctrl-Alt-Del to try
> and see if the previous version of groups would show up on next call to
> GNUS.  Its not there.

!!!  'Q' will generally exit the current context without saving
changes without doing anything so drastic as rebooting your machine.
Many things you can also undo with normal Emacs C-_; I think changing
group state (subscribe/unsubscribe/kill) should be quite undoable.  (A
couple of things, notably C-u G DEL to destroy an nnml group and all
of its contents, are pretty permanent and immediate.)

  --dzm