Converting from local MH to IMAP (on remote Maildir)

From: Lars Tobias Børsting
Subject: Converting from local MH to IMAP (on remote Maildir)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:52:21 +0200

Hi,

the IT department is switching from mail storage on the home directory
to only IMAP for mail. There is a Courier-IMAP server set up that stores
mail in the Maildir format. I have shell access to the IMAP server.

I have all my mailboxes stored on my home directory in MH format and
wish to move all my mail to the IMAP server. As I see it I have several
possible ways to do this.

1. I can change all my mail splitting rules to sort to IMAP folders, and
   then respool all folders in Gnus.

2. I can manually copy each folder's content to IMAP folder in Gnus.

3. I can login to a shell on the IMAP server and run this
   script on each folder:
          http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/mh2maildir

What is especially important to me is to keep all the flags on the
messages (really only the A and R flags). Recent experiences with
the respool folder function (M P b B r) does not keep the flags.

What do you suggest I do to move my mail so that I can keep my flags?

--
Regards,

Lars Tobias Børsting