Re: Leans what face is at point

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Leans what face is at point
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:34:45 -0600

Glyn Millington <wistanswick@linuxmail.org> writes:

>> I used to now how to do this in gnus:
>>
>>   put cursor on a message header and lean what that face was with
>>   a [few?] keypress[es].
>>
>> Something the showed the gnus face at point.
>> And I could then go directoy to that face to customize it. Using M-x
>> customize-aprops
>>
>> I'm not finding this in any of the help available at M-x apropos
>>
>>  display.*face,  show.*face, face.*point
>
> I think what you want is list-text-properties-at (can't remember if there
> should be a "point" on the end of that or not in Emacs

I remember that one too but I get nothing here with:

M-x list-text<spc>  No matches for text.

I seem to recall that being moved or replaced.

Maybe its now C-u C-x =
But that info is useless regarding faces.

C-h i m emacs and then Index search on list-text-properties
fails as well.

What I'm after outputs the gnus face name of text under cursor or at
point (Maybe only in headers) as I recall in gnus-face names readily
findable with customize-face.  Not text properties but face name. (not
font)