Re: Per group assumed encoding of 8bit subjects

From: Andrzej Adam Filip
Subject: Re: Per group assumed encoding of 8bit subjects
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:53:23 +0100

Andrzej Adam Filip <anfi@priv.onet.pl> writes:

> How to specify (per group) encoding gnus should assume when displaying
> subject with 8bits chars? [and "from:" ]
>
> gnus-group-charset-alist fixes body encoding (not subject header)
>
> Some news readers (e.g. outlook) can provide no encoding info in headers
> when using non ascii encoding

for future readers:

I have upgraded gnus ( 5.9 -> 5.10 ) and I have added my custom rules
for alt.pl.* and soc.culture.polish in gnus-group-charset-alist *after*
rule for  comp|rec|alt|sci|soc|news|gnu|bofh.

It is so simple *after* :-)

--
[pl2en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@priv.onet.pl : anfi@xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/