Re: IMAP connection dying and messages being hidden

From: Martin Geisler
Subject: Re: IMAP connection dying and messages being hidden
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:12:12 +0200

Martin Geisler <mgeisler@mgeisler.net> writes:

Hello again,

I'm very sorry about the double post, I did not do that on purpose.

> I've recently moved my mail to the IMAP server at my university,
> which is a UW IMAP server. Before I used Gnus against my own local
> Dovecot IMAP server, which functioned very well.
>
> This is all on a Debian Testing system with Gnus 5.11.
>
> When I start Gnus I am able to read my mail fine, but after a while
> of inactivity the connection seems to die. For example, pressing 'q'
> in a Summary Buffer makes Gnus hang.

Switching to the Debian emacs-snapshot-gtk package seems to have
helped! I haven't had any problems since, I hope it will stay that
way.

Sorry to bother you.

--
Martin Geisler                                     GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38

PHP Exif Library      |  PHP Weather             |  PHP Shell
http://pel.sf.net/    |  http://phpweather.net/  |  http://mgeisler.net/
Read/write Exif data  |  Show current weather    |  A shell in a browser