Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: indicate email has attachment in summary buffer
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 00:10:45 -0400

Frank Schmitt <ich@frank-schmitt.net> writes:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
>>> This should be
>>> really easy for someone who knows some lisp. (Rainer? :-))
>>
>> s/ai/ei/ if you thought of me. ;-)
>
> Sorry. Call me Schmidt as revenge ;-)
>
>> ;; rs-gnus-summary.el -- Auxiliary summary mode commands for Gnus
>> [...]
>>
>> See the installation instructions in the file.  Especially the
>> following functions and variables are for the Content-Type:
>
> This code is extremely useful. I would suggest adding it to No Gnus.

I would also really like to see something like this standard in Gnus.

I guess my current summary line shows the size of the message, and that usually
tips me off as to whether there is an attachment there. But I think there is a
reasonable expectation that something should show in the summary line when
there is an attachment.

--
-John Sullivan1
-http://www.wjsullivan.net