Re: annoying duplicate messages in nnrss

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: annoying duplicate messages in nnrss
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:49:17 -0400

Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:

> For some RSS feeds, whenever I do a M-x g, there are duplicate news
> entries.
>
> Is there anyway I can tell Gnus to filter out duplicates?

I don't use nnrss, I convert rss to mail and read it that way. But, I deal with
the duplicates problem by having gnus thread messages by subject. Then at least
it is easy to see what the duplicates are.

But duplicate stories are a problem with RSS in general. Have you viewed these
same feeds with other readers that don't show these duplicates? Are you sure
that the authors aren't making slight updates to the stories that cause them to
be issued as new again (fixing typos etc.)?

--
-John Sullivan1
-http://www.wjsullivan.net