gnus not seeing new leafnode pulls

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: gnus not seeing new leafnode pulls
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 01:31:04 +0200

I have recently had to reinstall emacs/gnus & leafnode. I restoed my
previous "home" partition so gnus already had certain article info
stored in my home directory.

"fetchnews" is reporting fetches, but gnus is reporting that the
articles are unavailable and also refusing to see any newly pulled
articles. It says there may be ,say, 2000 in group x but when I try to
select them it says articles is unavailable or expired.

Which files do I need to reset to  start from fresh for both leafnode &
gnus. ideally I wont have to reset all my subscribed groups & topics in
gnus - but how to tell it that it has no articles so that it sees all further
leafnode pulls as "new"?

thanks for any help

(ps a direct email in addition to NG reply would be great)