Re: newbie question

From: Jens Theisen
Subject: Re: newbie question
Date: 08 Sep 2006 19:19:57 +0100

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com> writes:

> Notice the Message-Id of your own postings.  They have a pattern which
> makes them fairly unique to yourself: The first few characters after
> `<' are always the same.  (They are a hash of your username.)

I don't think my identity is part of this. I looked at a couple of
mine and ones of people that also post through arcor.de, they are
indistinguishable by simple substring matching.

So I stick with the other solution of doing

(add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'gnus-score-followup-thread)

Thanks to anyone by telling me stuff I should have looked up in the
manual. :)

Cheers,

Jens