Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, e

From: Henrik Christian Grove
Subject: Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, e
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:01:27 +0200

Hi

I've been using gnus for news and email for many years. Recently the
disk my homedirectory is on suffered a partial crash (it's on linux lvm,
and one of three disks died). Emacs with gnus was running (in a screen)
when it happended.

Since then gnus has worked fine as longer as it can't access a
particular newsserver (my own), either because the server isn't running,
or because I've commented out the address in my .gnus. But when my
newsserver is available gnus just says "Wrong type argument:
number-or-marker-p, e" during startup, and stops.

I don't find that error message very helpful, so I'm hoping some of you
can give me an idea of what to look for and where - or possibly a way to
fix the problem.

.Henrik

--
"Det er fundamentalt noget humanistisk vås, at der er noget,
 der hedder blød matematik."