Re: display "[cid]" images inline?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: display "[cid]" images inline?
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:09:00 +0100

On Wed, Nov 01 2006, William Xu wrote:

> At times, i find there are some "[cid]" symbols in mails. When i press
> enter on it, it could display as images. How to make it display inline
> automatically?

You didn't mention which `mm-text-html-renderer' you are using.  w3m
has `mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp':

,----[ (info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") ]
| `mm-w3m-safe-url-regexp'
|      A regular expression that matches safe URL names, i.e. URLs that
|      are unlikely to leak personal information when rendering HTML
|      email (the default value is `\\`cid:').  If `nil' consider all
|      URLs safe.
`----

(See (info "(emacs-mime)Display Customization") for more options.)

<news:v94q2jmhab.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de> in Gmane is a test
article for this and it works fine for me.

See <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.test/2815>, add "/raw" to download
the raw article.

Bye, Reiner.
--