Re: External mbox files via http as foreign group

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: External mbox files via http as foreign group
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:53:50 +0100

On Sun, Nov 26 2006, Reinhard Tartler wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
[...]
>> If people find this function useful, I could add it to the development
>> version of Gnus.
>
> Perhaps you might want to use a more obvious
> name. (rs-gnus-read-bug-group) could perhaps be named
> (rs-gnus-read-debbugs-groups) for referencing debian bugtracker debbugs.

Yes the current name is not good.  Even I often have to look into the
source to find it.  ;-)

> Anyway, thanks for your consideration.

On Sun, Nov 26 2006, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> While byte compiling that file, I got these errors. Perhaps I miss
> something obvious?

There was no error, only a few harmless warnings.  Anyhow, I've fixed
the warnings now.

> I'd find those functions very useful, and would like to see them in the
> devel version of Gnus!

You can accelerate the process by preparing a patch against No Gnus.
You can use my code and look for a suitable menu entry and key
binding.  :-)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,