Q: Getting all the parents to the current topic from the server

From: Passer By
Subject: Q: Getting all the parents to the current topic from the server
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:58:39 GMT

Ok sometimes people don't quote just right so i wish to read the
original parent, i would like to be able to fetch all parent articles
of the current article that are on my server. How might i do that in
one or two steps?

for example lets say the whole thread on the server was

-------
*Group*
  14: rahed               ] gmail from gnus
       <  22: Leo                 >
           [  17: Brep                ]
               [  29: koocyton            ]
                   [  33: Ted Zlatanov        ]
       <  22: Radek               >
           [  40: Ted Zlatanov        ]
               [  38: Radek               ]
                   [  63: Ted Zlatanov        ]

but i had already read and forgot about the first 2 replys and so had

-------
*Group*

               [  29: koocyton            ] Re: gmail for gnus
                   [  33: Ted Zlatanov        ]
       <  22: Radek               >
           [  40: Ted Zlatanov        ]
               [  38: Radek               ]
                   [  63: Ted Zlatanov        ]

I would like to run a command on article

  [  29: koocyton            ] Re: gmail for gnus

that would give me the original thread structure up to

14: rahed               ] gmail from gnus

Thanks