Re: How to export nnml group to mbox file?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: How to export nnml group to mbox file?
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:10:18 +0000

On 28 Nov 2006, joh@gmx.net wrote:

> I have a nnml group with many mails in it I want to export to a unix
> mailbox file. After looking through the Gnus manual and then googling for it
> I still came up empty handed. Probably I'm just using the wrong
> keywords...

(while Gnus can copy/move the articles natively, it's nice to
understand how to do the job from the command line)

You should be able to just do "cat * > mbox_file" I think.  But you
need a blank line at the end of every message, so this should work:

ls | perl -ne 'chomp; open F, $_; print <F>; print "\n";' > mbox_file

see http://www.qmail.org/man/man5/mbox.html for more info on mbox files.

Try the first one first, before you do the complicated Perl one-liner
:)

Ted