Re: Problem could be encode-coding-region

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Problem could be encode-coding-region
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:26:57 +0100

   >> However and there is a big however when I use
   >> (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime) which uses that function

   >> Then the signing seems to be ignored, that is the tag
   >> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

   >> is inserted as it should, asked for the passwd but then nothing
   >> happens.

   Katsumi> Hmm, I have no problem in using PGG and XEmacs with no mule no
   Katsumi> file-coding.  Actually I signed this message by it.

   >> Shall I debug (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)?

   Katsumi> No, you should trace `mml2015-pgg-sign' and `pgg-gpg-sign-region'.
   Katsumi> If you'd like to edebug (info "(gnus)Troubleshooting"), perform
   Katsumi> `M-x edebug-defun RET' on those functions, and type `C-c C-m s p'
   Katsumi> and then `C-u C-c C-m P' in the message buffer.

 Ok I try that, however pgg-gpg-sign-region is not interactive, while
 pgg-sign-region is and the latter works fine for me.
   Katsumi> BTW, what do you get by evaluating the following form?

   Katsumi> (progn
   Katsumi>   (require 'pgg)
   Katsumi>   (require 'pgg-gpg)
   Katsumi>   (setq pgg-default-user-id "oub")
   Katsumi>   (with-temp-buffer
   Katsumi>     (insert "testing\n")
   Katsumi>     (pgg-gpg-sign-region (point-min) (point-max))
   Katsumi>     (pop-to-buffer pgg-output-buffer)
   Katsumi>     (unless (get-buffer-window pgg-errors-buffer)
   Katsumi>       (split-window-vertically)
   Katsumi>       (switch-to-buffer pgg-errors-buffer))))

   Katsumi> (Copy it to the *scratch* buffer and type `C-j' at the end of
   Katsumi> the last line.)

Everything is fine. So I think pgg is ok, what is wrong seems to me
the  mml code. Unai san mentioned to skip the mml code part. Does
there exist a patch? Btw decrypting works fine too.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer