less key hits

From: Gary Wessle
Subject: less key hits
Date: 06 Dec 2006 08:40:59 +1100

Hi

ofter I find that I have to write the same string over many times
while programming  in c++ mode.
is it common practice to hot key the text so that by hitting the hot
key it enters the text in the buffer? or how most of you do it?

example:
often I write
#include <string>
using std::string;

which takes few key strokes even with Alt-/ completion
helping. instead I want to just hit say "Alt-s" s for string and the
pointer moves to the top of the buffer, enters the 2 lines for me.

any idea how this is done?

thanks