Re: Gnus + Leafnode = 10 minutes to start

From: SINNER
Subject: Re: Gnus + Leafnode = 10 minutes to start
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:00:03 GMT

* Hadron Quark wrote in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> writes:

>> * Charles philip Chan wrote in gnu.emacs.gnus:

>>> My .newsrc only contains the groups that I am subscribed to. Have you
>>> try deleting it and see what happens?

>> [...]

>> Success!

>> $ grep ':' .newsrc > .gnusrc
>> <tin uses the standard .newsrc so I kept it>

>> added to ~.gnus.el:
>> (setq gnus-startup-file "~/.gnusrc")

>> And now instant startup.

>> Thanks to all!

> Woohoo!

> You'll be programming Lisp before you know it :-;

Baby steps, killer ;)

> And do, do consider integrating your email too - it makes it so much
> nicer to have it all in one program. Same tools, keystrokes etc. I use
> maildir format backend with procmail & fetchmail.

I currently only have a gmail/yahoo account so I dont do pop/smtp ATM.
At one time I did have procmail getting my gmail stuff but I lost all
the articles I saved that had me running and I havent been motivated
enough to bother looking again as web email is sufficent for my needs at
the moment.

I will keep it as a todo though.
--
David
  We are not anticipating any emergencies.