Re: can gnus do this ?

From: Frank Schmitt
Subject: Re: can gnus do this ?
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:43:14 +0200

news@absamail.co.za writes:

> I've taken the plunge with emacs and so far am pleased at the
> integrated approach.
>
> Can gnus be set up to:
> 1. down-load only the last N headers of selected groups;

You mean when entering the Group buffer? Say C-u 50 RET with point over
group to download the last 50 headers.

> 2. down-load only the previously 'marked for  d/ling' bodies of
> articles;

Look for Gnus Agent in the manual.

> 3. go directly [without browsing] to the set of d/l-article bodies  ?

Sorry, I don't know what you mean here.

> So far [on linux] it "can't connect to server" - error.
> Is this set-up under gnus/emacs, or is it passed off to a different
> 'transporter',
> as mailing is apparently passed-off to send mail ?

Again I don't really know what your problem is, could you be a bit more
verbose?

Some common problems are addressed in the Gnus FAQ, available at
http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough