Re: news server with socks proxy howto?

From: Gernot Hassenpflug
Subject: Re: news server with socks proxy howto?
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:34:16 +0900

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, all,
>
>         I would like to use gnus to connect to two news servers. In
> particular, say, I would like to connect to server "news1.org" directly,
> and connect to "news2.org" by socks proxy "proxy.net". Any idea how to
> set it up? Thanks

I posted a howto on this in the group about 2 weeks ago, do a
search. Maybe it will help you out. Basically, configure tsocks on
your machine to handle the networks you want to access via proxy, and
exceptions for those you don't want to handle via proxy. Then, start
emacs with tsocks running, so gnus will do the NNTP connections
(via telnet for you?) transparently over socks.

Regards,
        Gernot
--
BOFH excuse #116:

the real ttys became pseudo ttys and vice-versa.