Re: ? How would you set up gnus from fencepost.gnu.org

From: Mark T.B. Carroll
Subject: Re: ? How would you set up gnus from fencepost.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:31:27 -0400

thesak <don.saklad@gmail.com> writes:

> How would you set up gnus from fencepost.gnu.org ?... It's not clear
> what server or servers to try. It's not clear from the wording of the
> text in the manual how to set up a server.

I don't quite understand the 'from fencepost.gnu.org' but maybe
(untested) something like this in .gnus.el will work ?

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nntp "gnu" (nntp-address "whatever.gnu.org")))

I don't know - but googling for examples of use of gnus-select-method
and nntp might get you a little way.

Yes, the manual's pretty abysmal for learning from - I had to read the
thing a few times and take notes. But, hey, you get what you pay for.

-- Mark