Re: What other forums might be tried?... for learning about free news se

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: What other forums might be tried?... for learning about free news servers besides http://groups.google.com/group/alt.free.newsservers/
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:04:05 +0200

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:03:41 -0000, thesak wrote:

> | I tried the first on both fencepost.gnu.org and my
> | home machine and the second on just my home machine.
> | Both failed.

That is a very poor description of what happened.

No one can help you - barring new and unforseen developements in mind
reading technology - unless you a) describe what you did exactly, b)
describe what you would expect to happen, and finally: c) explain what
happened instead.

dotsrc.org runs a usenet-server with public access (you need to
register). It may or may not carry the groups you want to read. You can
learn more here: <http://dotsrc.org/usenet/>

(There are even 5 lines about how to configure Gnus:
 <http://dotsrc.org/usenet/clientconfig/>).

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ By the way, I'd recommend Simon Tathams "How to Report Bugs
  Effectively" <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>
  before the text by Eric S. Raymond that have been mentioned in this
  thread.

--
 "Money always takes the place of life"                       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk